Friday, April 13, 2012

~* before and during my latest project*~

Since being elected to the City Council I have not really had ANY time to do any project, crafts or anything else in the house. I barely had time to decorate for the holidays! But Dan has been off for the last week and a half and we decided to do a "small" project that had been on our list. We have a small counter top next to the stove that I have wanted to replace for some time now. I have kept a large cutting board on top of the counter top and wanted to replace the entire counter top with a cutting board surface. Some time ago Dan had acquired what he thought was a sizable piece of butcher block that we would be able to use for this, but after taking off the counter we realized that it was a couple of inches too short. So we went to a few woodworking shops in our city and found one that we liked that is now cutting and finishing a bamboo cutting board counter top for me! Yea!!!

However, in the week that it will take, they need my old counter top as a template and I am left with plywood to cover the hole and all my "stuff" is left on the island. I guess that is the price I have to pay for finally have the counter top I desire!
In the end it will all be worth it and my counter will be so neat and I will not have to have an extra cutting board on the counter and I will have a neat work space! Not to mention I will finally get rid of the 1950s Formica!!!

Have a great day!!!

1 comment:

Angie Berry said...

I was just gonna say that is a small price to pay for such a wonderful counter top in the end, but you beat me to it, hehe! Yay for you! Enjoy it when it gets put in, I know you will~