Wednesday, February 01, 2012

~* a new before and after *~

This is my spice rack before. My husband made it for me many many years ago. I love it! But it was too small for the spice jars I have and it did not hold enough of the spices I regularly use by the stove. I had been looking and looking for a spice rack I could re-do at the thrift stores for some time now. Patience is not my strongest quality!


Here you can see that I have only a few jars, and the top holds store bought ones because of the top rail.
Finally I found this one and fell in love with it. I put the one my husband made me in the pantry and filled it with the store bought jars and quickly got to work putting my beautiful spice rack and spice jars out.

Now my frequently used spices (you know the ones you buy in bulk because you use so much of them!!) and specialty salts and such are right at my fingertips as I am cooking and I don't need to go into the pantry to get them. It may seem like a small thing, but really, aren't those the things in life that make us happy!


I really love it and I am sure that it will make all my cooking so much nicer!


Have a great day!

2 comments:

Christine said...

I love your new prim spice rack!
Yep, it's the simple things in life that count!
Best wishes
Christine

Angie Berry said...

Hi Marie! I was going through my list of followers on my blog and see that you follow me so I thought I would come over here and meet you!

Oh yes, it's always the little things that make me the happiest! =] I totally understand where you are coming from, I would be excited with the new spice rack also! It looks great, love the color. Of course love all the jars too, how fun!

Nice to meet you Marie, I hope you have a terrific week~