Wednesday, September 28, 2011

~* some more time *~

A trip to the thrift shop recently and I found this cute clock. After a few clock re-dos I knew that it didn't matter if the mechanism worked or not, I could get a new one. So for $4.99 I took it along with a few other things, which I will show you later. I wasn't a fan of the color but I knew exactly what color I wanted to paint it to put it in my living room. With the recent hurricane and power loss I realized that I needed a battery operated clock in that room, and when I saw this cutie I knew it was a perfect fit. A few coats of paint, some distressing and a new clock mechanism and TA DA!
I am loving it!!! I am having a new shelf built to go over my TV stand and it will probably end up there, so this is a temporary spot, but I love the finished product. I have been looking for some clocks and at first I couldn't find any, now I find them when I am not even looking. I will show you the other thrift store finds soon.
Have a great day!

2 comments:

Janene said...

Oh Marie...I am loving it too!
I love the color you chose.
Thank you for sharing!
Janene

mummybear said...

A very pretty blog! Love the clock.