Tuesday, November 16, 2010

~* ta dah *~

Well, I am finally done with the hutch project. And I could not be happier with the way it turned out. The back is a dark taupe, and that contrast is just perfect!
The white made the hutch the focal point in the kitchen, but now that it is red it blends in more and fits more with the rest of the decor.

If you enlarge the above picture you will notice that my island is black over red, and now that my hutch is red, it really brings the red in the island out. PERFECT!!!
And I replaced the brass and white porcelain hardware with these black ones that I have on the kitchen cabinets. LOVE THEM!!! Like I said, we are just so pleased with the finished product. Dan was hesitant when I told him I wanted to paint the hutch red, but the trooper that he is, he went along with me, and now he is so glad he did. I am so glad I decided to go bold!!!
Have a great day!

3 comments:

Laurie Anne said...

Looks great!! :0)

Carol/Firecrackerkid said...

Wow Marie! What a difference! It looks awesome. I really like the taupe on the back. Nice job gal!

Carmen at Primcatshouse said...

It looks AMAZING!!!! and your yourtown really pops with the colors!!! Love it.

Carmen and the Primcats