Saturday, November 13, 2010

~* a big re-do*~

For some time now I have wanted to re do my hutch. I refinished it quite a few years ago when I was more country then prim and it was ok, but it wasn't really cutting it in my kitchen. I had been toying around with the idea of going black (my new fav color with almost everything) but I wanted to step outside the box a little bit. I have really been going really brave with a lot of decorating choices lately so I looked at a lot of decorating sites and thought I would do something completely different.
So here it is so far!
What do you think?
I still have to do the door and I am going with black hardware. But I am loving it so far!!! And Dan is a big fan of it, too. He was a little hesitant at first when I said "I am painting the hutch RED!" but he went along with me to buy the paint and help me empty it out and take off the doors and hardware, but as soon as I started painted we just fell in love with the new look.
I am keeping the top of the buffet natural and the back of the top with be a tan so that there will be a natural look to it and highlight the collection of Pfaltzgraff I have in it. I may even go over it lightly with a dark stain to give it an aged appearance. Well, I have to get back to work. If Dan is done I want to get to the hardware store so I can be ready with the handles as soon as I am done painting. I will post a pic as soon as I am done
Have a great day!

2 comments:

Laurie Anne said...

Looks great. It is so funny that you painted your hutch red, I keep staring at my hutch thinking how fun it would be to have it fire engine red. Not brave enough yet to take the plunge though.
Can't wait to see the finished project :0)

Carol/Firecrackerkid said...

Wow, Marie, that is a big difference, but I like it too. Keep us in photos til you've finished:)