Sunday, October 17, 2010

~* I see the light *~

This was my light fixture in my kitchen over the sink today before my darling husband installed my new light fixture. I had been looking for some time now and finally found one online I liked and was in my price range, plus with my Amazon.com visa points it was FREE plus FREE shipping. So I ordered it and Dan installed it today. See this ugliness up close??? Now, I bought this fixture when we first moved in because there was something even uglier (if you can imagine that) installed here when we moved in. But this just didn't cast enough light ( our ceilings are very high and this light is kinda behind me when I am at the sink) so I wanted something more prim, plus something that gave me more light.
This is my new light fixture!!! YAY!!! I am so happy with the results. I have to do a bit of touch up on the ceiling as the older fixtures were much larger at the ceiling so I have a little bit of work, but I could not be happier.
Plus I can add some candle wreaths or some lamp shades at different times of the year to decorate it. But, just look at it!!! It is so beautiful!!! And, even if I didn't get it for FREE, it was only $32.00 I know, I have been looking for a long time for a deal like this!
This photo is without the flash and although it looks quite dark, it is very bright here when that light is on! Don't you think it just changes the whole look of this little corner of my kitchen?
Well, enough gushing over my kitchen light fixture! I need to find something else to keep myself busy with. I am going to go blind staring at this light all night!
Have a great day!

3 comments:

Ann said...

Marie, I really like your new light fixture and $32.00 WOW! I have your old ones in my kitchen, I didn't want white, so I spray painted them a granite color and LOVE them. As much as I'd like what you have, DH is too tall for anything hanging down from the ceiling. ~Ann

Carmen at Primcatshouse said...

Hi Marie, Thanks for stopping by my blog! I like yours too. And I love that light fixture. Great find.

Carmen and the Primcats

Carmen at Primcatshouse said...

Oh... I forgot to tell you I love your Yorktown and I have quite a few pieces of it as well. I am really a pfaltzgraff-aholic. I have Folk Art, Village, Yorktown, Naturewood, grapevine, and Merlot! Seriously. I have a dishes collecting issue! LOL!