Wednesday, July 28, 2010

~* Whatcha workin' on Wednesday *~

This was my coffee table before. It has endured years of kids, trucks, spills, moves, etc. I re-did it a few years ago, stripped it down, took it apart and sanded it down. It is a really heavy duty piece. Nicely made. Large piece. But it is too big for my family room now and doesn't really fit with my decorating style.
This is the table/bench I was talking about the other day that I got with my girlfriend when she took my on a curb alert she read about. I liked it right away. It had good bones. I saw it in my living room and knew it would be right with a little TLC. So today I tackled the TLC.
And here it is after... I LOVE IT! I just knew it was a keeper. It was nicely made as well and the wood was in nice shape. The corners are cut and routered nice and pretty and someone took some real time to put this together and even plugged the screw holes with wood buttons. So I painted it with the same kind of love and care and then sanded the hard edges (the top has a soft round edge so it didn't look right when I tried to distress it!) and it came out soooooo perfect! I have more room to walk around the room and a piece that fits in more with the decor of the room. I will use my other table in my downstairs family room when we finish renovating that room. But for now I will just look at this table and admire the work!
Have a great day!

3 comments:

Carol/Firecrackerkid said...

You did good Marie:) Your new one looks great. A+ for ya:) Hugs~Carol

carolyn@primitive~devotion said...

Marie, that is an awesome piece and you did a great job on it!

I wish I could find one like that to redo!

Take care!

Twilight40 said...

I'm new here, but I love how your bench/table came out! I just adore black prim styles. Great job:)

Cheryl M.