Sunday, July 18, 2010

~* just hanging around *~

This is the wall between my pantry and bathroom doors. It is also between the kitchen sink on the other side. Not a wide walk way. When we first moved here I hung this Amish girl peg shelf there. I really didn't know what else I could do with the space. But remember this post about my chopping bowl rack? Well, when I got it I thought I would hang it here, but it was too wide and we would have been hitting our heads on it everytime we tried to walk by, so it went somewhere else. But whenever I walked by this wall I knew there was something else that could go here. So I went back to Firecrackerkid Primitives and took a look around. I wanted something to do with all my rolling pins. A lot of you have put them in a big crock, but I don't have a lot of counter space so I knew that idea was out for me. When I saw their rolling pin rack I thought that was a great idea. I did check around the internet to make sure this style and price was what I wanted.
In the end the design and price could not be beat. I am so much happier with my wall now. And my rolling pins are all in the same place instead of 3 different drawers. I do use them all, so having them all together is really nice now. And on top I have a jar of my pie beads and my pie bird. So the Amish girl peg rack will go in the box for the Goodwill.... unless any of you would like her?

Have a great day!

4 comments:

Gettysburg Homestead said...

LOVE it Marie!!! Much better!!!

Mary

jean said...

I really do like that rolling pin rack. Looks great
Jean

Sarah said...

Hey, thanks for your nice comment on my blog. I love yours too! I love that rolling pin rack too, I just might have to get one of those for myself.

Kindra said...

Firecracker prims does wonderful work! I just love your new rack! Looks great in it's new home! You got wonderful trim and doors by the way! :)