Sunday, April 18, 2010

~*as if I'm not busy enough*~

I just can't say "No"! I don't have enough time to accomplish all that I have on my plate now, and yet when someone asks me to help with something I just can't find the word "no". I know I don't have anymore room in my schedule to fit in anymore commmittee, volunteer work, commissions, etc. and yet I just can't say it. I have so much on my plate now that I have trouble sleeping because my mind is racing with all the ideas I have working! Yet, again I took on another HUGE project.
A few months ago a classmate from high school asked me if I could work on our 30 year reunion (yeah, I know...30 years, blah, blah, blah I am getting old). I said I would help but didn't have the time to organize it. Well, I didn't hear another thing about it so I thought they found other people to do it. After I finished the St. Patrick's Day parade I saw another classmate. We talked for a few minutes and she also mentioned the reunion and again I said I would help out, but wasn't interested in doing a lot of work because, well, I am just too busy. So she contacted me a few days later and we got together with a third classmate and the three of us are the reunion committee. Oh boy!!! I just can't help myself! I need help. I need a 12 step program to say "no" to helping! We did decide since we are all busy that we would keep it simple, a cocktail party, and that way we aren't doing a lot of work. Although, just trying to make contact with people and collecting addresses is a lot of work in itself! Say a prayer for me! I need it!

This is me circa 1978! I am also collecting photos from/of classmates from high school and today to do a slideshow to play during the party! Yeah, I told you- I NEED HELP!!!

On a brighter note, I started to cut out all carbs so I could try and loose some weight after a less than pleasant yearly exam with the Dr., and also with a class reunion and Dan and my 20th anniversary party this September, I was motivated. So I lost 3 pounds already this week. Lets hope this trend continues because I love my carbs and my tummy feels like someone cut my throat. I am missing my pasta and bagels and toast.... It better be worth it!!!
Have a great day!

2 comments:

Andy said...

Hi Marie, I am sure you will make your reunion a success :) I have faith in you!
Hugs

Laurie Anne said...

I organized our reunion so I feel your pain. My advice... embrace facebook (if you haven't already) Easiest way to find folks and it is one stop shopping for communication. good luck :0)