Monday, March 29, 2010

~* the hands of time *~

I needed a new clock for some time now, my old one had died and it just wasn't keeping time anymore. Every time I looked at it the time was wrong, and finally the arms stopped moving all together, but the second hand kept moving. So I kept looking at the thrift stores but I never saw anything that caught my eye. Then I saw this beauty at Goodwill for $5.99 and just couldn't pass it up. I am not thrilled with the flowers on the clock face, but I can always print out a new face. I am thinking of painting it black, as well, but it is actually primed up kinda nice as it is. And it has this sweet little drawer for storing things like keys or spare change. What do you think?
Have a great day!

3 comments:

Laurie Anne said...

Cute clock. I just love getting a deal at the GW :0)

jean said...

Marie, very cute clock. Looks nice up against the blue wall. I would keep it just the way it is.
Have a good day. Hope you have your umbrella handy.lol

carolyn@primitive~devotion said...

Marie, I love it! I replaced my livingroom clock and my kitchen clock a few months ago. I had been looking for some to re-do, but never found one to my liking.
I finally found one on ebay for the livingroom. I LOVE it! It's huge and was such a great deal The man I bought from makes them by hand and does a really nice job, and paints them your choice of color, etc.
Then out of the blue, I pass a yardsale and see a rooster clock. I had to completely re-do it but it turned out just the way I wanted, minus the fake stained glass rooster that was on it! LOL! I printed out a clock face too.
Your clock has so many possibilities! Can't wait to see what you do with it.
Have a great week!