Friday, March 26, 2010

~* coming out of my sick cave *~

Wow, I am finally over this illness that I have been fighting for a couple weeks now. I was almost well, then my husband and son got sick and since I was not at 100% I got sick again, but worse than the first time. But yesterday I was finally able to get out of bed for the first time in 5 days and today I think I am on the mend. I cannot wait until the rain stops here so I can open all the windows and air out all the sick germs from my home! I know that in one of the reasons we are all passing it around. But here it is raining again today!!! Yesterday, as I was finally coming out of my sick cave a nice package arrived for me from Firecrackerkid Primitives. Yes, it is a bowl rack!!! And I love it!!
I had Dan hang it for me today before he left for work and I put my wooden chopping bowl that my parents bought me several years ago and a very very old rolling pin, I think it was my grand mother's. It is one solid piece of wood, the handles don't move so I don't really use it, but it does make for a nice display, which it hadn't been before. I just kept it in the drawer with all my other rolling pins. I am thinking of painting my hutch black, keeping the top of the buffet natural. What do you think? Well, I have to go take a shower and get ready for a meeting I have this afternoon. I hate to go out in the rain after just getting over being sick but I have an obligation!
Have a great day!

4 comments:

Laurie Anne said...

Glad you are feeling better :0)

jean said...

Marie. Glad you are feeling well again, Love the bowl rack. And this might make you feel even better...It is supposed to be almost 80 degrees this coming Fri. and Sat. here in CT. Can't wait for that. Good way to start out April.

Kathy said...

So glad you are feeling better. =) You have a beautiful kitchen.

Another thing to make you feel even better is On April, 4th at 8:05pm is the opener at Fenway where our beloved Boston Red Sox take on the NY Yankees!! Go SOX!!

carolyn@primitive~devotion said...

Marie, blogger is acting up and I can't see your pics, or ANY blogger pics. I'll drop by again tomorrow and hopefully will be able to see them.

Glad you are finally getting better. Me too! I had a bad sinus infection and it took me almost 3 weeks to get over it.

Have a great week!