Friday, January 29, 2010

~* the runner is done *~

FINALLY! For such a small runner this took SO long. First cutting the squares, then sewing them together, THEN clipping all the edges... but I am really pleased with the way it turned out. I love the colors, and I love how prim it looks. I think I am going to put it through the wash & dry cycles again, though, I want to see if I can rag the edges just a bit more. I read that the more you cut the more it will rag, so I cut away, and I did wash it in cold since it is all reds and I didn't want any of the colors to run, but I don't think I washed it on a long enough cycle, so I may run it through again. But over all I am pleased with the way it came out and would do it again.
What do you all think?
Have a great day!



5 comments:

carolyn@primitive~devotion said...

I love it! It really turned out nice. I have always liked the rag quilts too, but they look like way too much work for me! LOL!
Have a great weekend!

Gettysburg Homestead said...

Great job!!! I LOVE it!!!

Allison said...

Very cute, I love it. I make a lot of rag items.

Lulu said...

its lovely..

Tanya said...

I love the way it turned out! So cute and just in time for Valentine's.
You did a great job on it!

Tanya ~ new blogger
www.friendshipcrossing.blogspot.com