Monday, January 04, 2010

~* happy new years *~

Wow, I can't believe it's January already! I literally am just coming out of the closet. No, not like that. Dan and I re-did my walk-in closet over the holiday break. I thought it would be a "small" project but 10 sheets of sheetrock, 3 rolls of insulation, 6 halogen lights, 2 outlets and a lightswitch and 6 days later we are done! Whew! I have a 12x8 foot walk in that is on the dormers of the roof so the roof goes at an angle (yeah, you got it, every cut of sheetrock was a HUGE pain!). It had one pull string light at the door and a 12 foot span to the end of the closet. I could never see at the end and it was freezing in it so I had the bright idea of putting lights and insulation in it. I thought "how hard can it be?". Well, at least that project can be crossed off the list. I love it now. I have six lights and they are on a switch when I walk in the door. I can see everything in the closet (although I have not yet got everything put back in because if you are going to go through all that trouble of taking everything out of your closet you might as well go through it all and get rid of the things you don't really need and such, right? But at least it is not an ice box now. The only thing we were not able to do is find a remnent piece of carpet to lay for the flooring. But I will be on the lookout for that.
Christmas was wonderful, as usual. Everyone was spoiled here.
My SIL gave me these adorable snowman. I am not sure what they are for, the backs have clothespins on them, but they are soooo cute!
My mother gave me this stitchery, some snowmen candle holders, a snowman baskets and a blue glass dish that used to be my grandmothers.
My SIL Ruth also gave me this Cocoa pot and cups. I don't know if you can see but it is covered with snowmen! Absolutely adorable!
Dan gave me this sweater. I LOVE it. It looks like a penny rug, doesn't it? It is toasty warm, too. He gave me some other tops, too, a digital camera book, a 2010 old farmer's almanac, snowman socks, 2 Vera Bradley purses plus the wallet, clutch and glass case to match, 4 beads for my Pandora bracelet, 39 (I am not exaggerating!) chapsticks, a break a part (Toblers) chocolate orange, a Red Sox ornament, some kitchen gadgets, and more chocolate. It was a very nice day!
I hope you all have a nice Christmas.
New Years was quiet. It always is for us. We are "early to bedders" as Matthew calls us. It just isn't a holiday we party for. And we had been working on the closet all day, anyways so we were beat! But, it is back to work today.
I have been checking out your blogs today, wish I could take the time to stop and drop a personal note on each one or yours but I just don't have the time, so I will just say a "Happy New Year's" to all my bloggy friends.
Have a great day!

2 comments:

carolyn@primitive~devotion said...

Sounds like you had a fabulous Christmas! Love all the gifts! About the snowmen with the clips on the back, you could clip them on your Christmas tree or glue magnets onto the clothespins to hang things on your fridge? Just a couple of ideas. LOL!
I hope 2010 is good to you!

sea gull lighting said...

You got some great gifts! Sounds like you had a great holiday!