Thursday, January 07, 2010

~* the breakfast table *~

I just downloaded these off my memory card. It is my dining room all decked out for Christmas morning breakfast. It is a tradition I started when my kids were little and my parents didn't have any kids at home any longer. I thought it would be a good idea for them to come over and watch the kids open their presents and so I made a big breakfast. In time we invited all the family here and breakfast was kicked back a few hours to 10 am instead of 7 since my kids are older now too and don't wake at the crack of dawn. This also pushes Christmas dinner back a few hours so we don't have to rush through the day. It really make the day nice and I get to host a holiday meal. This year I made pomegranade champagne sparklers with my breakfast. They were DELISH!!!
Here we are (some of the family) getting ready to sit down and dig in. I usuallly make several of the dishes the night before and then we all can sit and eat at the same time. It has become a tradition of the Christmas holiday that I love.

Have a great day!

2 comments:

Andy said...

I really love the red dining room! Mine used to be a raspberry color called Hearts Afire, I really liked it but the way my dining room is the same room as my living room it sort of chopped it up so my entire house is a golden tan color except my kitchen. I see your have a Campanelli print too, I like her work alot. Looks like everyone had a good time at dinner. Hope you had a nice holiday!

Denise said...

I just found your blog and love it! This is a beautiful dining room!