Saturday, January 23, 2010

~* back in the kitchen *~

I am finally starting to feel better, but I tire so quickly and easily! I have gotten so much done around the house. I finally got all my closet stuff put back away, but took 3 lawn bags full to the Goodwill!!! I also have been working on cleaning out the spare room so I finally can get to my sewing machine so I can get some sewing down. I want to make a rag quilt runner done for my coffee table for Valentines, but we put alot of the stuff from the basement room in there when we started working on the family room in there and it is just a mess, but I have been working on it and getting it organized, and tonight I started cutting the squares. And yesterday Dan asked me to make him stuffed Poblano peppers for dinner, so these are them. They are stuffed with mushrooms, orange peppers, rice and goat cheese with a cilantro chipotle sauce. They were good, but a tad bit hot! But that is what he wanted for dinner, and I was finally up to cooking. This head cold just won't go away, it's a killer! I can't believe how long it has lasted. I have been downing the Vitamin C, E and Zinc, fluids and clearly been getting plenty of rest (I nap frequently during the day!!!). Well, the boys are both out having some guy time, Matt is at a show and Dan is playing poker with the guys from work, so I have a few hours to kill, and I know I have been a bad blogger since I have been sick so I figured I would check in and see what everyone has been up to.
Have a great day!

3 comments:

Laurie Anne said...

Glad you are feeling better :0)

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

They look so good could you made them in bell peppers and leave out the hot peppers??...m..

carolyn@primitive~devotion said...

Marie, I'm so glad you are feeling better.
Your stuffed poblanos look so good! I love them too, but not too hot! LOL!
I am also trying to do some cleaning out and pairing down.
Have a great week!