Thursday, December 17, 2009

~* Whatcha Workin' on Wednesday *~

I always seem to be a day late with this but I DID make this yesterday. I just had to get the labels made. I made 5 pints of Christmas jam for gifts. I got the recipe from Sue at Country Pleasures some time ago and just got around to making it. At first I was skeptical about the taste- I mean strawberries and cranberries? But it is really a nice blend. I saved a jar for us, of course! I also am giving some of my very own vanilla extract. I make my own (it is really quite easy and beats anything you can buy!). That is if I can find some bottles. I can't believe how difficult it is to find glass bottles! But I have hubby on the hunt and if there is anyone that can find them, it's him! So, that is what I was working on yesterday. Finished with my labels today.
I have another meeting this evening, so I should get to work on my housework and more wrapping.
Have a great day!


2 comments:

carolyn@primitive~devotion said...

Your jars of jam look so cute & festive with the snowman labels! I love cranberry anything so I know this jam would be a big hit with me. I also plan to make my own vanilla extract.

Christmas blessings to you!

The American Homemaker said...

Thanks for stopping by today :) Your jars are so adorable!