Monday, December 21, 2009

~* the tree is finally done~ whew! *~

I know I say this every year, but I am so behind this year. I finally finished the tree today. I can't wait for Matthew to put his ornaments on the tree for the garland any longer so I hung it along with the icicles, and put the presents underneath. That is it. Check that off the list! Tomorrow I have to do my cleaning and finish wrapping the last of the gifts I have.

We got 2 feet of snow yesterday and it really was a mess. We are still trying to clean up from it. I shoveled for 3 hours and still couldn't get my car out. Yes, we have a snowblower but I don't know how to use it and Dan had to go to work, and he leaves for work at 5 am and only had enough time to clear off half the driveway and then Matthew was doing the sidewalks and then since he also has a nasty head cold went back to bed for a few hours so I thought I would shovel for a while to see how far I could get. That sent me back to bed with a pounding head ache and the chills. Finally Dan came home and snowblowed the rest of the driveway. I was able to get out today. I don't mind if I am snowed in as long as I can get out if I have to. I have an AWD vehicle so that I don't ever have to worry about not getting where I need to go, but when there is 2 feet I cannot drive over it. But, I think I was so upset more because of this stupid cold than the fact I was snowed it. You know how that goes, you aren't really that upset, but because you are sick it is a bigger deal than it really is? Well, it was and then I was so tired and sore. And cold! But today I am better! And a pretty holiday manicure and all is well again! And the tree is done! Yay!
Have a great day!


3 comments:

CatHerder said...

Just surfed in..your tree looks beautiful..love your blog, Merry Christmas!

carolyn@primitive~devotion said...

Marie, your tree is beautiful! Sorry about the cold. I hope you will feel much better too, and your son.
Christmas Blessings to you!

Heather's Stitches said...

Your tree is so festive looking!

Merry Christmas from my family to yours!