Thursday, December 03, 2009

~* oh, the housework never ends...*~



Ok, so one bathroom scrubbed and down, some laundry out of the way, dishes done, vacuuming done, dusting done, minutes typed, and I am prepared for the community event I have to do tonight for the Neighborhood Alliance. Whew...
This is my downstairs bathroom. It has not been re-done yet. I want to pull up the linoleum on the floor and hope the hardwood underneath is good enough to refinish, put bead board 2/3's of the way up with a small shelf topping that off, and paint the outside of the tub (that hideous peach/pink has got to go!!!), plus I want to put the mirror cabinet and the sink cabinet in the corner with homemade cabinets. I would also like to paint the radiator gloss white. I think I would like to go with wrought iron for the towel and paper holders, but I will have to wait and see what I do for the knobs and lighting. Right now I only have 2 lights on the wall, I definitely need more lighting. I don't know if you can tell from the picture but my window sill is 22 inches deep, and I have a jade plant there as well as some jars of bubble bath, bath salts, etc. Well, that is my plans, but we all know how plans go, I keep ripping pages out of magazines and taping them behind the door of ideas of how this bathroom can look. Until the renovations start I could change my mind! Lol!
I have to go get ready for my community event tonight!
Have a great day!

2 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Neat bathroom, we have a long one too, but not a nice tub like that. We have been putting up bead board on our walls and never thought to put it in the bathroom. When we redid the sink, we tore out the tile, so would be nice to use bead board, good idea.

Debbie

carolyn@primitive~devotion said...

Marie, your bathroom is very charming! With the renovations you mentioned, it will be amazing! I hope that one day you will get this accomplished.
Sounds like you are catching up on housework. I am home a good bit, and there are only two of us, but it is still unending!
Hope you have a great weeked!