Tuesday, November 17, 2009

~*my latest thrift store find*~

I found these electric sponge ware lamps today when I stopped into the TS spur of the moment when I had to go pick Matthew up from school since his truck is broken and his class is in the a few towns over (college you know!) so I was a few minutes (20 or so) early and decided to stop in the TS just to check and see if they had any new Pfaltzgraff Yorktowne or prim stuff. I happened upon these lamps and was even more surprised to see that they were electric. I am not sure what room they are going to go in yet, but I just could not pass them up. They were only $3.99 each. I may or may not keep the globe arms on them, I might just get low wattage frosted bulbs and use them in the living room for light when we go out and turn on lights so we don't come home in the dark. I just adore them.
Tomorrow we pick up Dan's new car, and Matthew will have his old one so the driving him back and forth to school will be remedied. I can hardly wait, I hate having to make that 2o minute each way drive 4 days a week trip. And Matt really doesn't enjoy having his mom drive him to college!
Well, it is late, but I got a lot accomplished today. About 3 months worth of junk mail shredded, groceries, laundry, moved all the stuff from my old jelly cabinet into the old TV armoire that I am now using next to my desk, finished packing up all the t-shirts and banners from my election, and finally cleared off my kitchen table! Whew! Off to bed now!
Have a great day!

2 comments:

Janene said...

Marie~Those look great...and the price is perfect!
Have a great week!

carolyn@primitive~devotion said...

Marie, those are so cute! And they will work anywhere in your home! Conrgats!