Saturday, November 07, 2009

~*Hello dear blog friends*~

Ok, so it's been some time since I blogged, and as a little refresher it was because I was running for City Council here in my hometown. I've been out shaking hands, going door to door, speaking to the people, pounding the pavement, and telling the good folks all about my message about how I felt I would be a great addition to the council. As a wife and mother I have skills only another mother can appreciate! Unfortunately, I didn't win. Don't feel too badly for me, some long time polititians in my city lost as well. but I may make another run of it in two years, maybe not. We will see. I have time to think about it. But now I have time to get my home back into order (it was campaign central!), decorate for the holidays, and concentrate on some of my other civic responsibilities. I really believe I would have made an important contribution to my city and I had (still have) some great ideas on how to make this city great! But that is for another day! I thought I would share my campaign photo. It is not too often I have professional photos taken, I really hate having them...but this one didn't come out half bad! If you want to take a look at my campaign blog before I take it down it is: http://votemarie09.blogspot.com/
Well, I am feeling so tired! I need a vacation! I think I have some kind of bug! And I have soooo much housework to do. But I will be back to regular blogging and visiting your blogs again, so that is a good thing! See you all soon!
Have a great day!

3 comments:

Laurie Anne said...

Welcome back. Too bad about the campaign, but now you will be able to kick back and enjoy the holidays with the fam.
:0)

carolyn@primitive~devotion said...

Marie, that is an awesome photo! So sorry that you didn't win this go 'round. But maybe it just wasn't your time. Next time may be the one! The town is lucky to have you!

debra said...

Welcome Back! Congratulations on having the courage to run. Your picture looks great!