Wednesday, November 25, 2009

~* happy Thanksgiving eve *~

I just finished putting dinner in the crock pot, sausage, peppers and onions. YUMMO! It will start smelling so good in here soon. And I got some fresh rolls at the market this morning. Oh dinner is going to be so good. But before I get to dinner I have so much to do!
See, today I am making pies for tomorrow and our second "Thanksgiving dinner" Friday. I won't make whole pies for both, but what is left over tomorrow will be for Friday which is why I am making more than one to take to my parents. We don't usually have any leftovers, that is a problem with a big family. Yesterday Dan picked up our turkey. We got a fresh one from here , you should really go to that link and read about them. I wanted one about 10-12 lbs seeing as it is just the 3 of us and we don't need more than that, but the smallest he could get was 19lbs. Oh goodness, we are going to be eating a lot of turkey over the next week!!!
Well, that is what I am working on today. I was finally able to get Dan's Christmas present that I ordered months ago. The person I ordered it from dropped it off this morning. I honestly almost forgot all about it until he reminded me about it last weekend. That is how long ago I ordered it. I know you are all probably wondering what it is and I would love to share but Dan sometimes reads my blog so, sorry it will have to wait until after the holidays!
I hope you all have a wonderful holiday tomorrow! Fill it with lots of family, friends and love!
Have a great day!



2 comments:

Laurie Anne said...

We are busy baking pies today as well. This year the kids are fight over who gets to help which just makes it that much more fun. Hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving :0)

carolyn@primitive~devotion said...

YUM! Sausage with onions & peppers sounds so good! I'm sure your pies are wonderful too.

I hope your Thanksgiving has been very nice. And I hope tomorrow goes great as well!