Sunday, June 07, 2009

~*life as I knew it....*~

...is over. Yep, we bought a restaurant and now that is my ENTIRE life. I am there open to close right now while we try to work out all the bugs and get it running smoothly. I am exhausted most days and fall asleep almost as soon as my head hits the pillow. Do I like it? I haven't decided yet. I really have always wanted to open a restaurant, but the dream and the reality are 2 entirely different things. We are moving into a new building soon, too. The rent on this one is high and we need more room, so we found a place just down the road and I think that is where we are gonna go. Things are a bit crazy here now. In addition I have my interview for City Council on the 29th. Oh yeah, I am still planning on running this year. What? Ah, yes I am crazy!!! Just wanted to stop in and let you all know that I am still alive and kicking... I wish I had the time to come by all your blogs and see what is going on in your worlds. I will soon. Just as soon as things calm down a bit here. Miss you all dearly!!!
Have a great day!!!

6 comments:

Denise said...

How fun! I'll be anxiously waiting for more news on your new venture.

XXDenise

By the way, do you deliver to Indiana? LOL

Laurie Anne said...

How exciting!! Can't wait for more details. What an adventure :0)

This Country Girl said...

Congratulations, Marie, on the new restaurant business venture! I hope it's a big success for you!

Have a great week!
Tammy

Leslie said...

Marie,
I am just stopping by and reading your post. I am a bit behind on blogging....

Congrats on the restaurant! I'm sure it is a bittersweet situation and life is very different for you now. I hope all goes well! Good luck!

Leslie

unencumberedlife said...

This is so exciting! I've always wanted to run a restaurant, but I know what you mean - I'm sure the dream and reality are completely different.

Congratulations!!!!

-Tracy

carolyn@primitive~devotion said...

Congrats on your new business! I'm sure it will work out and become a great experience for you and your family.


P.S. My blog name has changed, but if you pay me a visit, I hope you will remember me and add me to your blog list again.
Thanks!