Tuesday, March 31, 2009

~*come on Spring*~

Ok, so I am sure you all want to know where I have been. Well, I have been busy. With my already busy schedule I took on a class. It is a class given by my city about my city and I have really been enjoying it, but it adds yet another busy day to my already full schedule. I have also been attending some police functions, and there was the St. Patrick's Day parade, a full day event here for me, and I was finally able to get my neighborhood watch group going. That really required me going door to door over and over again, but I think it will be well worth it. So I had some time today, no meetings, classes or events to attend today, and thought I would try and catch up somewhat with you all. I picked these forsythia branches a couple weeks ago and forced them inside. They are in full bloom today. Really makes me want Spring here fast, but we are still having some cooler temps and lots and lots of rain. Today is so sunny out but we are only going to be in the high 50's maybe! I really want some warm weather. I want to open the windows and air the whole house out.... well, that is what I have been up to. I have a few things on the back burners but I can't share them yet.... hopefully I will have some info by June to share. Until then you will have to guess. Still working my K9 challenge. Last week I gave my second deposit of donations of $2,764. That brings my total to over $3,500. It is hard to get people to understand the importance of police services. You know, they only appreciate them when they need them. So I continue to plug along. Ok, I am gonna go get some breakfast...I just realized how hungry I am.
Have a great day!

2 comments:

carolyn at cranberry crossings: said...

Hey Marie! So nice to see you posting! While you are missed, most of us know just how important your projects are. It is wonderful that you are raising money for what you believe in. I know it is so appreciated!
You keep on doing what you are doing. So many people do nothing to give back to their community.
Just don't forget to be good to yourself and enjoy life.
Take care!

Sandy said...

WOW...you are one busy lady!
But at least you know if your busy you will stay out of trouble...LOL

I love your branches! I only wish my trees would start blooming but I still have tons of snow on the ground. No signs of the green stuff nor flowers yet. Hopefully now that April will be here tomorrow we will start seeing this white stuff melt.

Have a great week.

Sandy