Thursday, February 05, 2009

~*Whatcha' workin' on Wednesday (a day late)*~

Still organizing around here and yesterday I spent a huge chunk of time going thru 5 years (YES 5 YEARS!!!) worth of bank, credit card, oil statements, etc and cleaning out the drawer that the bills are all kept in. Now I have a huge bag that I have to burn in the chiminea because I would burn out the shredder if I tried to shred all this. I need to get a larger cabinet by the desk so that I can get hanging folders (like a filing cabinet system) but at this time I just have the bills in folders. I had every bill since we moved in here in September 2003 in that drawer! I had intended to clean it out, but never gotten around to it. In my resolution to organize yesterday was the day. I would have much rather been doing some nice craft... but this was necessary! I also had some paperwork to get done, and some meetings for tonight to prepare for, so it really was a productive day. Hope you all had a good WWW, and got some nice things done. When I get around to burning my papers I will get to roast some marshmallows so it won't be a total waste! And I love a good fire!
Have a great day!

6 comments:

Leslie said...

Woo hoo! Great work :) Doesn't it feel GOOD?

The date issue was my fault! I started both posts the night before...whoops! I had the info that I posted about going to three columns and the blog tips already typed up the night before and forgot to change the dates, so it posted wrong. :)

Have a great day!

Leslie

Sandy said...

Ohhh...roasted marshmallows...YUMMY!
Can't wait when we can start doing that again...LOL

It is unreal how we can accumulate so much paper over the years. Seeing you do that makes me think I should do my own. Thanks for the idea. Got to start somewhere :)

Laurie Anne said...

Congrats, Marie. Nothing feels as good as a nice clean drawer :0)

Denise said...

I know exactly what you mean. I have a box full of old mail to get rid of, once the weather is nice enough to have a fire outside!

carolyn at cranberry crossings: said...

I am normally a pretty organized person, but here lately I lack motivation to do much of anything. Maybe I'll get back on track soon.
Good for you, getting all that work done! Wanna come help me? :D

Kim~HomeIsWhereTheHeartIs said...

Good for you, Marie...I have a lot of old files to go through, too!