Sunday, February 15, 2009

~*looking forward to spring*~

I am looking forward to this. Flowers! And lots of them. This in between time is really depressing. It is just starting to get sunny and almost has a warmth to the day that you can feel when you walk outside. I am tempted to pull back the dried brown leaves that cover my gardens to see if the bulbs are sticking their heads out of the ground. I know it is just a matter of time before I will see the green tips of the leaves coming up through all that brown. I have started getting my seed catalogs. I saw some seeds out in the store yesterday... oh it is so tempting to start preparing the seeds to plant. I just have to hold on a little more. Easter will be a boost when I bet some flowers... and get to start opening up the windows to let some sweet smelling fresh air in...
oh spring...don't be late! I'm waiting for you!
Have a great day!

4 comments:

Denise said...

Marie, I couldn't agree more. I am so (im)patiently waiting for spring. We had a few warm(60's)days and then saturday woke up to snow. Darn it!

Have a great day, Denise

carolyn at cranberry crossings: said...

Well, I hope you get your spring early, but I can wait! LOL! can we have it both ways? :D

Have a great weeK!

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

When the earth reawakens from the long winter it is a wondrful time. Makes one heart leap for joy. Good post...m..

tmoore2406 said...

My stepson and I planted tulips this past fall, and I cannot wait for warmer weather to arrive! This is the first time we've planted tulips since we've lived here (four years!), so I'm really excited.