Monday, February 02, 2009

~*a little blue*~

Ok, it is not often you will hear me say this but....I am sick of the snow. I am sick of winter! We are supposed to have another snow storm tomorrow and I don't want it!!!! Yes, that is right, you heard me correctly. Me, the girl who loves the snow is saying... ENOUGH!!! I am having a slight case of the winter blues... I want to open the windows and let the fresh air in, I want to hang my clothes on the line to dry, I want to start planning my seeds for the spring gardening... I don't want more snow. Yes, yes I know I told you that I love snow, lots of snow and being snowed in all day, etc. But now I am telling you that I am done with it. Not only has it snowed a lot here in Southeastern CT but it has been bitterly cold, too and that combination has been too much for me. I like my seasons. And this one is DONE!!! I don't even need to wait for the groundhog to tell me, but I know this is just wishful thinking... I know we are a ways from Spring. But a nice day here and there would go a long way. And maybe a pot of flowers. Usually my husband brings me home something growing and blooming around this time of year. He knows how much I love flowers and also, I put the bulbs out in the gardens after they have gone by. It has been a long cold winter and a nice warm day would be a pleasant change! So, a little bit of the winter blues... and more snow on the way! Great!
Have a great day!

6 comments:

Janene said...

Marie~
Please tell me that you DID NOT put Frosty's snowball head in a noose!?
He is innocent...He is just a concoction made by the stuff that you claim to have had enough of!
Free Frosty!!

Char said...

I live in Western Pa....and I am SICK OF SNOW TOO!!!....I say, LET'S GO GROUNDHOG HUNTING!...I didn't wanna hear 6 more weeks of winter...that's for sure!

Anonymous said...

I live in Maine and I feel your pain.Linda

carolyn at cranberry crossings: said...

Oh, poor Frosty! I ahd to laugh when I saw that. Just send me your extra snow. We haven't had any in 4 years and I WANT some!
I hope you are feling better soon. The blues are not fun!

Denise said...

I know exactly how you feel. We live in northern IN and it has been a cold and snowy winter here. We have more snow forecast for later today and tonight. Boo!

Crystal said...

This picture cracks me up!!