Saturday, January 17, 2009

~*a loss for all*~

Andrew Wyeth
1917-2009
I have the print of this painting hanging over my bed. It is one of my favorites. It is so simple and yet it is says so much. As a matter of fact when we re-did our bedroom it was one of the first things I hung back up. Andrew died Friday at his home in Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania. He was 91.
Did you know that M. Night Shymalan's film The Village was filmed in Chadds Ford and was based on Wyeth's paintings? Mr. Roger's had a Wyeth hanging in the entry of his studio home and Charles Schulz and Andrew Wyeth were good friends? Just some facts for ya'. Well, he will be missed. I still love this painting.
Have a great day!

4 comments:

Janene said...

Marie~I had heard that he had passed away...but I did not know that he painted that picture or any of those facts that you posted about.
I too have always loved that picture!
Thanks for letting us know!

carolyn at cranberry crossings: said...

I have always loved his work and your print is also one of my favorites. He definately will be missed.

AnnaSam said...

Marie,
I too heard of his passing and I love this print. Thanks for sharing. have a blessed day!
Juanita

Crystal said...

I adore this painting.