Tuesday, January 06, 2009

~*a little gift for a little one*~

I just finished crocheting this baby blanket for one of the K9 officers and his wife who are expecting their first baby in April. Actually, next week he will no longer be a K9 officer as he is being promoted to Detective! But I wanted to make this blanket for them. His wife Jen is really sweet and he had been really helpful with my K9 challenge, coming to several appearances on TV and news interviews with his K9 partner Ike, who will be retiring next week, and so I got to work on this last week and finished it Monday morning. It is really super soft yarn and if you click on the pictures to enlarge them you will see that they have different shades of multi colored stripes. I may be doing her maternaty photo shoot, she is just starting to show.
It is so soft I may need to do a full sized one for me!!!
Have a great day!


3 comments:

Heather's Stitches said...

That is just Beautiful! I love the colors. What a very special gift for a little Blessing!

Heather

Denise said...

That is so pretty. One of the gifts I cherished most when my daughter was born was a beautiful afghan(baby size) made by a neighbor. In fact, I still have it!

Tomatoe Creek Prims said...

Oh, I could wrap myself up in that myself:) It's just beautiful and I know they will just love it.
Rondell