Friday, January 30, 2009

~*have a seat*~

I got these ladderback shaker chairs free off Craigslist the other day. I know some of you are probably saying "yeah, you got them free, cuz they are worthless!" but they actually are not in that bad of shape. Yes, the seats are worn, and I need to get all new seat tape and replace them entirely, but the chairs themselves are really quite nice.
They may need some work on the finish and I am not sure if I am going to restain or paint.

I think a lot of that will depend on what color seat tape I get to re-do the seats with. Although I really like the blue. Maybe a blue and cream check!
I love the shape of the ladder backs. They are very narrow and tall. Very shaker! Very prim. Well, these are my T2T find and I was quite pleased with the condition of them. Especially since Matthew and I had to drive an hour to pick them up and I only had a picture to go by, but I knew that they were something I really could do something with.
Have a great day!

9 comments:

Leslie said...

Great deal! With a little work they'll be perfect :)

Leslie

Janene said...

Marie~ What a great find! I love the look of ladder back chairs too! I love to paint wood...so that is what I would do! But I can't wait to see the finished product from you!
Have a great weekend!

Heather's Stitches said...

Those are going to be Fab. after you clean them up!! I can't wait to see the finished seats.

Sandy said...

Oh LUCKY you!!!
What great chairs...can't wait to see them finished.
Have a great weekend!

Sandy

Laurie Anne said...

Can't wait to see the finished chairs. I think the blue and cream check would look great.
:0)

Kimberly said...

Nice scoop Marie! Have fun with them!

carolyn at cranberry crossings: said...

They ARE a great find! Guess what? A couple of years ago, I got 4 of them for FREE! Someone left them at the dumpster and I grabbed them. THey also had worn seats, but were usable, not quite as worn as your's. I already had 4with our harvest table, but I still couldn't pass them up. I ended up giving them to someone who really needed them.
Great find! I think a pretty blue & cream for the seats will look great with your Yorktowne dinnerware.

Denise said...

I think they will look great when re-done! What color would you paint them?

Back in the Day said...

I don't blame you for getting those chairs! I love Ladderbacks! Can't wait to see them when you are finished! Be sure to share!