Sunday, January 04, 2009

~*a good night for the K9s*~


It was a good night for my K9 challenge. The organizer of the event last night promised me a donation. I don't know what it will be but last year he gave the K9s $7,500. Now, I don't expect that, but I know he will be generous. And as I was exiting the stage after he made the announcement, someone came up to me and gave me an envelope. Later when I opened it I was shocked when I saw a check for $500. It was a lovely letter inside that explained how this woman had adopted a german shepherd and wanted to make sure money went to New London and especially the NLPD K9s. I was so excited. We will soon be retiring yet another dog and will be in immediate need of another patrol dog. I am doing all I can to get people in the generous donating mood, but times are tough and donating to the police department is not top on people's lists! I can't understand why, because it really does benefit all the citizens. Not to mention if there is a lost child or something these dogs can locate them, or dead bodies long buried, or drugs hidden in anything. They do amazing things we humans just cannot. But people are hesitant to want to help the police.

Well, they just don't know what they have until it's gone.

Have a great day!

3 comments:

Denise said...

What good work you do! Some people are so kind!

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

This is really great work you are doing..m.

carolyn at cranberry crossings: said...

I couldn't agree more! I pray that your K-9s recieve many, many doantions and the search for a new dog proves fruitful.
May you and your family have a very Happy & Blessed New Year!