Thursday, January 08, 2009

~*getting organized*~

I spent some time the last few days organizing my computer desk area. I have a corner armoire and it doesn't really have too many shelves on it, so I brought up a tall pantry cabinet from the basement and organized a bunch of my software and special papers, CD cases, envelopes, etc that were just stacked up on my desk top and then was able to clean that off. Now I can actually find what I need. Not to mention get rid of all the stuff I didn't ever use but had just stacked up there!!! It feels good to have a nice neat desk top. Organization makes me happy, I hate not being able to find what I am looking for. I have to take a day and do some serious shredding now...I have a few years of bills that need to be shredded and I am not looking forward to that. But we all know that has to be done... there is not throwing those things away in the garbage these days! It does feels good tho, and it is especially a good feeling to get it done in the beginning of the year, a nice way to start the year. Well, I have an Economic Development meeting tonight that I have to get my packages of papers all ready for. You know, public service never ends...

Have a great day!


3 comments:

Janene said...

Good for you Marie! I love organizing and purging of unwanted or unused items! It always makes for a lighter feeling!
Unfortunately I don't do it nearly as often as I should!
Thanks for reminding me!

Leslie said...

Marie,
Thank you for your comment on my blog :) I just needed something like that!

Most days aren't that bad. I don't complain because even though, I'm 28, I realize how fast time flies. It seems like just yesterday I was my kids ages! I try to find the good in every day and laugh when I look back at the bad moments, as I will later about this morning with Af :) I'm sure they'll be driving me crazy for many years. The quote you mentioned, I actually stitched up for my MIL last year for Christmas...it's true :D (Funny....I have my blog open and "You're Gonna Miss This" is playing right now..is that a sign? LOL)

I am very proud of what Jer and I have accomplished on our own in the last ten years. I just wish others were the same way! LOL However, these days it seems many people depend on their families to help them out. We had that, a bit, years ago but we knew it wasn't okay and that we couldn't possibly ask our parents all of the time for help because well, they're not rich themselves! And every time we got help, it wasn't because we ASKED, our parents realized we were struggling and helped on their own. We appreciated it each and every time, never thought it was OWED to us. We hit rock bottom and worked our way up. Others don't seem to know what rock bottom is....

Thanks again!

Hugs!

Leslie

Kimberly said...

Feels good doesn't it? My office is knee deep but that will change in a day or two... Robyn's finishing a pair of wall units he built for me for my sewing and painting stuff. Woo hoo!
Blessings, Kimberly