Wednesday, November 12, 2008

~*Whatcha' workin' on Wednesday*~

It's time for WWW, thanks to Leslie. No I didn't make this cute little candle mat, it is just a reminder that I need to start preparing for Thanksgiving. I have written my menu (not much change there, my family won't let me change it one bit... it must always remain exactly the same), written my shopping list and starting thinking of my centerpiece. My parents are going out of town to be with my brother so it is just my immediate family and possibly some friends.
Here is another picture from the police 140th anniversary party we went to. I had my hair done that day, that curl lasted all through the next day. My hair is really hard to curl, so I was thrilled with how it came out and how it looked. I only wish I had more pictures taken of it. But once again, I was the one behind the camera, so I only got a few. This is one of our city's women officers, Sarah. She is great, and aside from serving as a police officer, she also serves in the military so I thought it fitting to give her a special honor during this week as well.

Now, finally, this is what I am going to be working on. I want a new tree skirt for my dining room snowman tree. I have a cheap one that I got when I first put up the tree, but I really want a nice snowman one, and I saw this one and figured it was not only as sweet as can be, but I love the look of it. I am going to be doing it in wool and penny rug style. It is hard to see unless you enlarge it but each one of the stars on the black is actually on a prim tree stitched on the wool. It is going to be so cute. Am I going to have it finished in time to use this Christmas???? Who knows, but I am going to give it a good effort.
Have a great day!



11 comments:

Kimberly said...

Best of luck with your project Marie! You can do it for sure! And I love the little turkey too... may just have to make one of those little guys for myself!

And your hair looked amazing! Doesn't it feel good to do something just for us once in a while?

Blessings, Kimberly

~Judy~ said...

Oooh...I love the snowman penny rug! Where did you get the pattern from? I found you from Leslie.
Have a great day.

Janene said...

I really like the look of the snowman tree skirt.
Your hair looks georgeous! You are too cute!
Thanks for giving me some good ideas! Will I make them? Who knows, but I would like to try!
Have a great Wednesday!

Janene

Tami said...

What a cute snowman tree skirt and I love the candle mat too.

Have a great day!

Leslie said...

I love the turkey! I think I may be able to throw something like that together now that I have a little wool stash started!

Your tree skirt is just going to be wonderful. I love it and I know it will look great completed, too.

Have a wonderful day!

Leslie

Kathy said...

Oh I absolutely adore that snowman tree skirt!!!!!

Tomatoe Creek Prims said...

Just love that snowman tree skirt, I sure hope you have get it done to put around your snowman tree:) Love the turkey mat too!
Rondell

Lea of Farmhouse Blessings said...

Love the tree skirt! That is going to be so cute.

Smiles,
Lea

carolyn at cranberry crossings: said...

I'm sure you will finish it! It will be so cute with your snowman tree! Can't wait to see it!
Have a great day!

Kim~"HomeIsWhereTheHeartIs" said...

What a cute tree skirt!

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

I know it will be so beautiful when you finish...m...