Friday, November 07, 2008

~*oh baby*~

Today my baby girl turns 23. I can hardly believe how old she is. We went to lunch since she has plans for dinner/ going out with friends this evening. I cannot describe how much I love this child. Not that I don't love Matthew just as much, I do. I miss Krista. She doesn't live at home anymore, and there are days I miss her so much it brings tears to my eyes. I know they have to grow up and they will create lives of their own, but I miss her. I have my whole life wrapped around my children and now that they are starting their own lives without me, I don't really know what to do with myself. But today I celebrate the day I gave birth to my beautiful daughter. She renewed my faith in life, she gave me courage to go on after losing a child, she taught me all about unconditional love, she caused all my heartaches and headaches, and she made my heart swell with pride and joy. I love you Kris. Have a wonderful birthday. Be good, be wise, be who you are because there is no one else like you and I wouldn't trade a moment of knowing you for anything. Love you sweetpea!!

8 comments:

Jenn said...

Happy Birthday to Krista!
She looks JUST like you:)

Wendy said...

I agree she looks just like you!:0)
Happy Birthday to your sweet daughter, time does fly!! ~Wendy

Sandy said...

Happy Birthday to your daughter...to only be 23 again :)))))

Sandy

Linda said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet daughter.

When we first became empty nesters, I wondered what my new role in life would be. It quickly filled up with volunteer work, crafts, time for me to catch up with old friends, and more time with hubby and life is still wonderful. You already have your wonderful volunteer work with the the police dogs and conservation commission and other great causes. And you have your Etsy - you have all the tools to expand on. Something tells me you'llbe fine!!

tracyellen said...

What a beautiful post! I'm sitting here looking at Griffin and I can't imagine what he will be like at 23 years old - I can't even picture him at 6 months old! I know the time is just going to fly by, and your post is telling me to treasue all of these moments (good and bad). Congrats on raising such a beautiful daughter.

carolyn at cranberry crossings: said...

Happy Birthday Krista! What a sweet post, Marie! I feel the same way about my daughter.

Have a great week!

Kim~"HomeIsWhereTheHeartIs" said...

Happy Birthday to your dear daughter! Time really flies doesn't it?

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

She is as pretty as her Mother. I am glad you had so much fun...m..