Wednesday, October 15, 2008

~*Whatcha' workin' on Wednesday*~

Well it's time for Leslie's Whatcha Workin on Wednesday again. Here is a stitchery I am working on for a swap. Shhhhh. Don't tell. Maybe Leslie will share her secret to how she grubbies it up after. It is going to be a candle mat so this will be attached to some wool. I am liking stitching. It is simple and easy and relaxing to do while I am watching my BoSox at night. Especially since they are doing so poorly, I have something else to keep me occupied.
This is my finish piece I was working on. Keep or give away?!? I cannot decide! It was fun to do, but as a first definately I know what I like and don't like about it. I wouldn't do such small square again, first they were hard to see, and second they don't showcase the square enough. I would definately do like Leslie did and make each square it's own piece. But it is done and that is a good thing.
Ok, that is all for now.
Have a great day!

9 comments:

AnnaSam said...

oh I think they both look wonderful! I am wanting to try my hand at stitching.Thanks for sharing. have a blessed day!
Juanita

Black Sheep Lisa said...

love your stitchin, it is very relaxing isn't it? i have some i have stitched up still waiting to be framed!

Leslie said...

Your stitchings are great :) I love just sitting back and stitching, too. There is just so much you can do when you learn to stitch. I think I am beginning to like it better than painting and that was my all time fav for years!

Tips...well, I honestly just have a cheap jar of instant coffee from the Dollar General that I keep on hand. I mix it in with hot water and when I'm finished, I store it in the fridge. Mine is actually in a small plastic Foldgers container. I dunk, dip or brush the coffee on and then put it on my old beat up cookie sheet and place it in the oven on like 200°. Keep and eye on it. It doesn't take too long to dry everything. That's it :) Pretty simple!

Have a great day :)

carolyn at cranberry crossings: said...

Very, very cute! Nice work!

Alaska Family said...

I love to stitch too! Thanks to Leslie. I love it. It is a craft that I can take just about anywhere. These are really cute.
Rebecca

Linda said...

Very cute!! I do like Leslie does but I add vanilla and cinammon to my mix. I don't bake mine because I like them more pliable so I set it on my old wire cooling rack until it is dry. Good luck!

Kimberly said...

I do about the same as Leslie for aging my stitchins... but I also add cinnamon to the brew (gives it a bit of texture) and always vanilla or maple extract. I store it in the fridge too, in a water bottle. When I want to use it, I give it a shake, pour a bit into a bowl, and heat it a bit in the micro. Then... paint it on!

I really love your stitchins! They look awsome!

Blessings, Kimberly

Gettysburg Homestead said...

Great job!!!

Mary

Kath said...

Hi Marie,
I am a first time visitor to your wonderful blog
I just had to post a quick comment about your stitcheries-Love them!
I want give stitching a try...I see so many neat ones as I make my way from blog to blog...

I will be stoppin back! :)

Have a Wonderful day!
Oh......and I hope ya love that new washer! :)

*hugs*
-Kath