Wednesday, September 24, 2008

~*Whatcha' workin' on Wednesday*~

Well, first I had a bushel of tomatoes and my parents are on their way home from Arkansas after visiting my Aunt so I made a batch of homemade sauce and told them to stop for spaghetti on their way home so they don't have to worry about dinner. They were very thankful and I know they will be tired and hungry. I will whip up some homemade bread later today to go with dinner.
Next I am making about 100 yoyos for a new item to go in the shop. I bet you can tell by the colors it is gonna be Christmas themed!? I love to make these while I watch TV (especially while watching the BoSox!!!) so it is not too bad, but when I have so make so many it gets to be tiresome!!!
I am thinking of hosting a yoyo swap. Not one for this project, but for something different. Would anyone be interested? Leave me a comment if you are. I was thinking I would create something with all the yoyos and then have a giveaway for the finished item. What do you all think?
Ok, gotta get busy! Have a great day!!!

5 comments:

Leslie said...

Everything that you have been working on is wonderful! You are on a role, Marie!

Congrats on that shop opening, too!

I have a bunch of yo-yo's from my quilt. I plan to add to it but until then, I just take the yo-yo's with me if I have nothing else to do. It looks like you're using a margarine lid and that's what I have used, too. I just realized I wasn't really doing the yo-yo's quite right, putting too many stitches in them, and they go a LOT faster now! LOL Mine are all reds, whites and blues. They're patterns and plaids and solids with whites and creams, bright red to barn red and navy to light blue....

Have a great day :)

Leslie

carolyn at cranberry crossings: said...

My Granny used to make yoyos all the time and then make bedspreads out of them. I have never made a yoyo, but I think I know how. I will be thinking about your swap idea.
With my Dad so ill, it's hard for me to commit to much of anything these days.

This Country Girl said...

I've never made a yo-yo, but I think I'd like to learn!

Congratulations on your Etsy store...I'll be checking in often!

Have a great day!
Tammy

Wendy said...

Looks like you have been a busy bee!!! hope your shop is going well!!! Take care!~Wendy

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

i think I know how to make those. Have a great night sweet lady!!!!..m..