Thursday, September 04, 2008

~*Whatcha workin on Wednesday only on Thursday because my life is soooo busy*~

Ok, so I have been wanting to take the plunge and open/start my own Etsy shop for some time now. I love crafting and enjoy when people love my crafts, but actually opening a physical store is just not a possibility with my busy schedule. I really admire those of you who have Etsy shops and have window shopped them many times. I decided that instead of making all these things for only myself, why not just take the plunge!!! So I am going to be opening my own shop in the very near future.
So this last week I spent some time mixing up a batch of my prim bowl fixins'. The smell in my house is incredible!!! I thought I would mix up a big batch and start getting some of my inventory up in stock so I can get going with a bang!
But I am having trouble with just what to call my Etsy shop! If you have just the right name, leave me a comment. You all have seen pretty much all the stuff I make here on my blog (you can always take a trip back in time if you need to refresh your memory). I have some new stuff kicking around in my brain that I will debut on the shop site...but you get the idea what it will be like. If I pick your name and I really like it I may even send you a bag of this delicious smelling stuff!!!
Again, I am off on another mission for the Beautification Committee for the city this morning. Hopefully, when I get home I will have time to get my interview off the VCR tape and onto a CD so I can post it here.
Have a great day!!!

10 comments:

Leslie said...

Congrats on taking the plunge :) I'm sorry, I can't come up with an idea for your shop name. Sometimes that stuff jumps out at me and other times I'm clueless....

The fixings look good :)

Good luck with everything today and have a wonderful day!

Kindra said...

I bet those prim mixins' smell mighty good! Congrats on taking the Etsy plunge! It's a lot of fun! I don't have a name idea now...I'll have to think on that.

This Country Girl said...

Oooh..I bet they smell really good! Glad you decided to go for it! I'll have to think on a name...just from your post Prim Fixins came to mind, but I'll think on it!

Have a great day, Marie!
Tammy

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

How about Homemade Goodness by Marie..m..

Kimberly said...

Hi Marie, First of all, I wanted to tell you that as I browsing through your pics, your post from Aug 8 totally caught my eye... your home is gorgeous! There is NOTHING like that anywhere around here (Probably not at all in western Canada!) I know I shouldn't say I'm jealous, but oops, I guess I just did! For a home like that, I'd gladly take the bats!

Good luck with your etsy plunge! If I was computer savvy enough, I would follow suit in a heartbeat! I've wanted to for a looong time, just lack the step-out-there-and-just-do-it! (Any advice from anyone out there?)

All the best to you! ...and I agree with This Country Girl, Prim Fixins sounds like it suits you!

Blessings, Kimberly

debra said...

Congratulations on your new venture! Can't wait to see everything on the site.

Linda said...

Stonehouse Primitives sounds good to me! Maybe because I aodre Stonehouses like yours! Good luck with you shop!! Can't wait to see it all set up.

Tomatoe Creek Prims said...

What about Prim Fixens on the Shore, sort of ties in with your blog title.
I know what you mean about being busy between my home and grandkids I'm crazy!lol
Rondell

vivian said...

i vote for mary isabellas name. that seems to fit you! I have your sept package ready to go in the mail sometime this week!! I have a tough time getting to the post office.. but I have about 6 packages that have to go.. so I'll be making a special trip! have a great week!
hugs
vivian

carolyn at cranberry crossings: said...

Yea! You will do well with your own etsy shop! I wish I had the time and the guts to try it myself! Good luck with it!