Thursday, September 25, 2008

~*a little stitchery*~

Inspired by Leslie once again I decided to do a little stitching. I found this adorable pattern and decided to take a break from making yoyos and make something a little different. I printed this pattern on fabric (my first time printing from the computer on fabric0 YAY!!!) and then took a LONG time trying to find my hoops. It seems Krista needed the smaller ones more than I did and then when she moved out did not return them! I clearly am not doing this to the extent that Leslie did, they are not individual, they are not painted and all together this will only be a 5x7 picture when complete, but I thought it would be a nice change and something neat to try. I have done a lot of cross stitch, but nothing like this before, so it will be interesting how it will turn out.
Have a great day!!!

13 comments:

Leslie said...

Awww....I'm having a crappy day so far and it was wonderful to come here and have my name mentioned...in a positive light! LOL I like your stitchery pattern that you picked a lot! When I want something simple to do, I always turn to stitching because I can write or draw anything and follow the lines...

Can't wait to see it completed! You're doing just fine!

Leslie

Linda said...

I am really looking forward to seeing it all done. The pattern looks so cute and country!!

Kimberly said...

Marie, that will be sooo beautiful! Can't wait to see it finished!
Blessings, Kimberly

Jenn said...

I cant wait to see this finished!

Jenn said...

I cant wait to see this finished!

This Country Girl said...

Hi Marie,

I just bought some stuff to give stitching a try. I've only done counted cross-stitching many years ago, but it looks fun! I've got to try! I can't wait to see how yours turns out...I love that pattern! Good luck and have fun!

Tammy

Laurie Anne said...

That looks so cool. I love to "stitch" but don't have the time for big projects. This looks like something even I could do (or more importantly finish)
Can't wait to see the final results. I'm very curious to see what kind of stitches you will use :0)

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

I adore that pattern. Did you design it yourself or did you find it on the internet? I can not wait to see the finnished product..m..

carolyn at cranberry crossings: said...

I LOVE that pattern and have plans to make one too one of these days.

I can't wait to see your's finished. :)

Kim~"HomeIsWhereTheHeartIs" said...

What a sweet pattern. Have fun working on it.

Jo-Anne said...

What a fun pattern. I can't wait to see it done! Congratulations on opening your Etsy. I wish you the very best!!
Have the cozies arrived??? If so, how did they work out? I am dying to hear! :)

Gettysburg Homestead said...

That'll be so cute when you're done.

Connie said...

I have enjoyed your blog so much. So good to see the Americana look. (my word for it). I used it all the time and my husband used to make furniture for me like in Sturbridge, Ma.
I love that pattern. Did you get it in a magazine, or buy it. Would love to do one like it. If you get a chance, please let me know.
Stop ever at my place for a visit anytime. I just started up another blog and I am just getting motivated. It's
-Memories of the Lake- and love to have you as a follower. That's how I navigate this wonderful world
of blogs.
have a good day.