Wednesday, September 03, 2008

~*first day of school*~

Ok, first day of school here at our house. Now, I should be telling you about my high school senior, how this is the start of his last year of high school, and how he has a load of easy classes, senior project, yearbook, graduation, etc... but instead this is my college freshman.... yep, that's right. My little baby, my 17 yo is starting college today. You see, he only needed 1 credit to graduate and so when we met with the principle and guidance councilor to work out his schedule, the principle suggested that he do the early entry program at our local community college and that would count toward his single credit for early graduation for high school and he would also be getting college credits. So, off he DROVE today to college. I missed the whole preparation time, the year I would normally have to prepare myself for my last child going to college, the cutting of the apron strings... I had to fast forward to my little baby going to college at 17, a whole year early. And even though I know he is more than capable of handling the work, he is having a little difficulty with his life happening so fast and today he was a bit more than nervous. New sneakers and some new notebooks, and off he went. He will have a full day today with 2 classes and a lab so he won't be home till almost 4 pm.... oh, mama is worrying about her little bird today! So, my baby bird has started his first flight out of the nest. Say a little prayer for him today.
Have a great day!

11 comments:

Lori said...

Hey just found your site, come on over to mine!! LOL!!
It sounds like you have raised a fine young boy he will be just fine~!! Mine are in school and none in college! But, I know that they need to leave the nest and we have to let them fly on there own! As hard as that is! I know!
Saying a prayer for you and your son!!

Many Blessings..........
Lori Hull

Tomatoe Creek Prims said...

He will be fine Marie:) When your young like that you adapt so easily, what a smart son you have, you are so blessed!
Have a great day.
Rondell

carolyn at cranberry crossings: said...

Wow, I know you are so proud of him, but I can imagine that you feel a little like someone yanked the rug from under your feet! I you both adjust and he has a great fist year of college.

Leslie said...

Oh, wow! That's awesome! I'm sure it is a little weird that he basically skipped that last year of high school but it's also amazing and something to be very proud of!'

I hope your baby has the best day ever on his first day of college! :)

Enjoy your day, too!

This Country Girl said...

I know how you feel Marie! It's hard no matter how old they are...Our son did college his senior year (dual credit) but we homeschool, so it was a little different, but I did worry about him in the college scene...my baby going off into a new world. He did fine and adapted well! I'm sure your son will do great and he is to be congratulated for that accomplishment! Way to go!

Tammy

Gettysburg Homestead said...

He'll be fine. I too did that my senior year too. I had a blast. Oh wait yes I studied hard. LOL. Don't worry he'll be fine! I know easier said than done.

Mary

Linda said...

Good for him! I hope once the newness settles in, he enjoys it realizes what an accomplishment it is!

Laurie Anne said...

Congrats on raising such a bright young man. You should be very proud :0)

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

I will pray for him and for you as this new chapter opens for both of you. This is simply grand...hugs and prayers...m...

Mark Carter said...

What a smart boy! You must be very proud!!! I know he must be nervous but he will love it. I was so glad to move on to college and be rid of all that high school drama!
Let us know how it went for him...(and you!) :):):)

Jenn said...

Congrats to you both! What a great thing:) Thanks for the wonderful comments, Im so glad you stopped by.

Have a great weekend,
Jenn