Friday, August 08, 2008

~*living in my old stone house*~

I am really a homebody, I like to be home. And I really love my home. Is it perfect? No. It still needs a lot of work. But I love to be here. Bats and all. Yeah, sometimes we have bats. They like to hang out in between the stone and the walls. I don't know how they get in there, but they do and then sometimes they get inside the house. But then my husband or my son catches them for me and I am good again. My husband always loved stone houses and so when we saw this house he really wanted to see it. I wasn't as thrilled with it from the outside as he was, but when we went to the showing and I saw the inside we both just loved this house. It has so much character and charm and there are just no other houses like this one. I didn't want a cookie cutter house. I wanted an older house, something unique and different and I definately got it with this house.
Adding our "cobblestone" driveway was one of the first jobs we undertook. I picked the colors of the blocks out to match the house and I am so glad we went this route. Besides looking like it was done at the same time as the house was built, this driveway is dry as a bone within hours of a snowfall in the winter after Dan snowblows when the sun hits it. And everyone knows where we live as "the stone house"!
Yes, I love living in my old stone house.

11 comments:

Linda said...

I can see why you love it!! Great pick for your driveway too. It looks wonderful.

Not So Anonymous Michelle said...

WOW! I LOVE your house and your driveway!! I'm jealous because I totally love stone houses! hehe

Crazy for Primitive Quilts and Gardens said...

Love the stone house!

This Country Girl said...

Your stone house has lots of character outside and I'm sure inside as well! I love houses like that! I've always loved older homes!

And is that a Mustang GT I see there in your cobblestone drive (which I love too by the way)? We owned a Mustang GT...my favorite car ever! Had to have my 4 doors though...but it's on my list to have again one day! :)

Have a great weekend!
Tammy

carolyn at cranberry crossings: said...

I love your house too! It is so homey and inviting!

Katy said...

WOWOWOWOW!!! I totally think a tour of your home is in order here!!! LOL It is BEAUTIFUL!!!! I love it!!! Thank you for sharing it with us!!!!!

Marie said...

Yes,that is my convertable Mustang GT, my summer car. I have a SUV crossover as my everyday car, but I traded in my Jeep Wrangler last year and got the Mustang because I really wanted something with a little more zip and the Mustang really does have more zip!!! Hum, a tour huh? Well, it is something to think about, but I think that would require all the rooms to be clean at the same time! I think I have pictures of all the rooms I could share.

debra said...

What a lovely home. I love all the stone.

LINDA said...

I find your home very charming. I share your hubby love for stone but haven't been fortunate enough to live in one. The drive is perfect. I join the others and want to see some inside!!!!

Mary Isabella said...

Love your house. I am mailing your package out Monday...Have a great weekend...Mary

living4him5 said...

I just love the look for your home. I love colonial America and that's what it reminds me of. I'm with Katy, let's get a peek of the inside too...LOL...

God bless,
Amy