Monday, August 04, 2008

~*a birthday weekend *~

My nephew had his 6th birthday this weekend. He is big into space and science. We got him a couple erector sets. I think his dad will like to play with them!!!
On Saturday I hurt my back while trying to open the pool pump filter to clean it. Ouch, it still hurts today, but not too bad, which is good because as usual I have cleaning to do after the weekend. August already, back to school month. Wow, where did the summer go? I really do love fall, but I hate to see summer come to an end. I have a few meetings to go to this week and I am still waiting for an opinion piece I wrote to be published in my local paper...it was supposed to come out 2 weeks ago....argh! I have a few businesses and the local police (who the piece is about) waiting for the piece! I hate when people are unreliable! Ok, enough of a vent.... I have to get to work on the kitchen. I have a meeting tonight and so I have to make sure I have all my housework done before I leave.

3 comments:

carolyn at cranberry crossings: said...

Happy Birthday to your nephew! My daughter's birthday was today.

I hope you hear about your newspaper article soon and that it is published as planned.

Mary Isabella said...

Hey girl you are one of my first three to leave a comment.If you want to play please e-mail me and let me know and then post it on your blog. Please e-mail me your snail address if you want to play. Please Play!!!!!!.....Hugs....Mary

Wood n' Whimsy said...

Congrats! You've won the country heart bowl fillers on my giveaway at http://celenestreasurechest.net

Please contact me with an address to send them. God Bless, Celene