Thursday, July 03, 2008

~* T2T Thursday *~

When we moved into our first house I found some old windows in the corner of the basement. This door was one of those windows. I thought they were too pretty to throw away and had such character, so I saved them. I saw a cabinet made with a window for a door and my linen cabinet was born. My dad and I built this one day when Dan was out of town on business. I try to save large projects to do while he is away to keep me busy so I don't miss him so much.
It looks like it is very messy inside, but it isn't really messy looking in real life. I have my quilts, my bed linens and some holiday towels. This is in a corner of my bedroom. When I finish the cedar closet in the hallway I will put the bed linens and towels in that and add some pretties to the inside of this. But this was a real trash to treasure project since not only was the window a left to rot in the basement but my dad and I spent the day making this little beauty!

2 comments:

Laurie Anne said...

I love this cabinet. I'm always on the look out for old windows, they are just so pretty :0)

LINDA said...

Very nice--inventive, creative, functional.
This is the second window project I seen this week.
I love crafty ideas. Thanks for sharing.