Thursday, July 03, 2008

~* pool progress *~

This is my pool. I love my pool. In the humid New England summer days, I can take a dip a couple times a day while I am working outside.
See the wooden sides? Those are pressure treated southern white pine panels. We are having a problem with the sides. The boards are separating, but not at the seams, but in the center of the panels. The pool company has been working on fixing this since last year.
Last month they came and emptied all the water that was in the pool and cut the liner up so they could get to the panels... I have not been a happy pool owner. No water in 2 heat waves!!!!This week the pool guys came and lined the pool with this marine plywood. The new liner will be here sometime this weekend and they are installing it on Monday. Now, filling it with new water, the water temperature will be extremely cold, but in the shoreline sun, with the solar cover on it, we will be able to raise the water temperature to the high 70's, maybe even 80's in a day or two and we will be swimming next week for sure!!! Today I took the opportunity while the liner is out the seal the upper coping since I cannot do that with the liner in. Oh glorious pool water, I can almost feel your refreshingness now!!!

4 comments:

Wendy said...

I love your pool!! It looks so nice and I bet you can't wait for next week!!! Have a great day!!~Wendy

Kindra said...

I love the look with the panels on the side of the pool. I hope the pool guys fixed the problem with the splitting wood. Enjoy the water!! It would be nice to have one in the backyard! Have a great
4th!

Tomatoe Creek Prims said...

Lovely pool and great deck!

*Rondell*

Kelsey said...

Love that! You are so lucky!