Tuesday, July 29, 2008

~*my bountiful harvest*~

Yup, we grew these babies ourselves. They will become my world famous refrigerator pickles in a few days. The cucumbers this year are doing great, as is the zucchini. I have made a few loaves of bread, some fried and shredded a bunch and froze it for the winter. Nothing like fresh zucchini bread in the middle of winter. I have some eggplant almost ready and a lot of hot peppers. Tomatoes, not so good the last couple of years. I think I will have corn soon, that is absolutely the best, right off the plant into the pot!!! And I think I even have a couple pumpkins on the vine. Last year giant pumpkin was no good for cooking, so I hope these ones stay reasonable sizes.
I hope you are all having a good day!

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Isn't it great to use your own home grown veggies?!!! I have goten alot of summer squash and our tomatoes are doing great!! But we are not doing so well with our corn or cucumbers. Have a great day!!~Wendy

LINDA said...

I envy your cucumber crop. We have had so much trouble with squash bugs. They totally annihilate the entire plant in just hours. So no zucchini either. I love zucchini bread. Maybe the farmers market.....

Kindra said...

It's great to see blog friends' garden blessings! I'm determined to have one next year!

carolyn at cranberry crossings: said...

We are hoping to have our first garden next year. I hated working in the fields growing up, but with the prices of everything on the rise, I want to get back to the basics and do some canning and freezing now. When we ever get one going, I may ask you for your refrigerator pickles recipe! Or maybe I'll just go buy some cukes and do it now! LOL!