Thursday, July 31, 2008

~* It's pickling time *~

I picked these cucumbers the other day. I have a huge crop, I have been giving some away to keep up with them. So today was the day they became pickles.
I have this really easy, delicious recipe that I use (I actually adapted it a little!)
So here is the result. They have to sit in the fridge for 4 days before they are done, but they are so good. I love them on burgers or sandwiches. And it feels so good making something with the veggies I grew myself.
Hope you are having a good day!

5 comments:

carolyn at cranberry crossings: said...

YUM! They looks so good, Marie! My Mama always made pickles too, both the dills and the bread & butter, which are my favorites. Maybe one day you will share your recipe? One of these days, I want to try my hand at making some.

Bobbi Jo said...

Those look so good! There is nothing like homemade pickles. Enjoy some for me. Hugs, Bobbi Jo

Linda said...

Now that was tease - they look so yummy and no recipe to share??! Please please let us in on the secret to easy pickles!

Happy Belated birthday to your DH!

Sue@CountryPleasures said...

They do look yummy, care to share the recipe?

living4him5 said...

Yummy, they look delicious!!! I think I have to try it. Thanks for the recipe!

God bless,
Amy