Monday, July 28, 2008

~* busy busy weekend *~

Oh, this weekend is a blur. It was a scorcher on Saturday when I went to take pictures of my local police officers playing flag football in a Memorial Scholarship event. It was a great day, but HOT HOT HOT!!!
It was a double elimination and unforunately, these guys lost both of their games and were eliminated by 1 pm. It was for a good cause. One of their fellow brothers in blue died of cancer 1 1/2 years ago and the scholorship is one in his name. He was also a High School football star for a neighboring town, he was well known and touced a lot of lives. You can read all about him here.
Sunday was my father's birthday and although it was pouring, thundering and lightening my mother had appetizers planned at her house. It was going to be out on the deck, but moved inside because of weather. Still, the evening with family and friends was fun.
Today is a total clean up day. You know how it is on the weekends, especially when it rains, your house really gets lived in and mine is a mess. I have to get my kitchen back under control and put back in some semblance of order.

Have a great day!!!

5 comments:

Kindra said...

Flag football, how fun! It was hot here also! Yuk! Are you getting some use out that pool yet? Sure hope so. Take a dip for me!

Tomatoe Creek Prims said...

Yes...I hope you did get use out of your pool since the weather is so hot! We were on the boat yesterday just to get a breeze:)
*Rondell*

Wendy said...

You did have a busy weekend and it was not a bad weekend here, just a little muggy!!! Have a great day!!~Wendy

LINDA said...

We had a big storm on Sunday night. It was very hot here also.
I think that we are all basically happy when we are busy; especially in the company of our families and friends......

carolyn at cranberry crossings: said...

Sounds like a nice weekend! Our's was pretty good too, until we heard of my Dad's brother passing away. But he had been in bad shape for awhile and was in constant pain, so we know he is in a better place now. We just ache for his immediate family right now. And for my Dad especially since he is also facing this same type of illness and he is also struggling. :( Breaks my heart!