Friday, June 20, 2008

~* welcome summer *~

Every evening sky, an invitation
To trace the patterned stars
And early in July, a celebration
For freedom that is ours
And I notice You
In children’s games
In those who watch them from the shade
Every drop of sun is full of fun and wonder
You are summer
*
So summer is finally here.... now if the weather would just act like it. Thunderstorms all over the place, cooler than normal temperatures, lots and lots of rain..you might think it was still spring!!! Let's go summer!!!

3 comments:

tracyellen said...

I absolutely love summer, and the 4th of July has always been my favorite holiday!

We've actually had beautiful weather this week which kind of makes up for all of the flooding out here in Iowa. Just wait 'til you see the pictures of my basement (I'll try posting them this weekend). Total disaster.

Yay summer!

This Country Girl said...

We've had beautiful weather here too and hot! Next to Christmas, the 4th of July is my favorite holiday...guess that's why I love Americana so!

By the way, is that your house in the pic? Very charming!
~ Tammy

Marie said...

Yup, that is my house. I wanted to capture it while all the flowers and the dogwood were still in bloom!