Tuesday, June 24, 2008

~* my everyday dishes *~

Linda at Behind My Red Door posted last month a challenge to show your everyday dishes and tell a little bit about them...here is the link- http://behindmyreddoor.blogspot.com/2008/05/my-everyday-dishes.html. I know this was a month ago, but I have had a few things going on and actually I had checked this on my bloglines and then got so busy I forgot, but I wanted to post the challenge now.

These are my everyday dishes and I love them. When Dan and I were first together I was just getting into my "country" decorating and I was in the all too popular "goose" country style. He got me a few sets of those dishes and I used them and loved them because they were from my sweetheart. However, a few years ago our family with all the wives and cousins was too large and I did not have enough dishes to set the table for everyone so I started to look for a new pattern. I decided on the Pfaltzgraff Yorktowne pattern. I was able to get more than enough plates, cups, saucers, bowls and accessories to set a beautiful table, as well as giving Dan a new item for his shopping list. He has since brought home several accessories from his business trips and added to my collection.
And as any good Pfaltzgraff collector I have collector friends who like to share their wealth and talents with me. This cup with my name was created by a friend I met on a Yorktowne forum I created.
As you can see I now have plenty of dishes and I love this pattern so much that Dan and I are going to make the doors of my cupboards open with glass or something.
I have been blessed with a husband who understands that I NEED all the accessories to go along with the dishes. I have other pieces that go well with this pattern as well such at those xtra large latte cups in the back there.
And some pieces are completely for decoration! This little tea set is strictly to make me smile. This too was a gift from another collector and friend from my forum! I have some pieces such as lamps and soap dispensers in other rooms. I am grateful that I am able to have a pattern that fits well in my country/prim home.
Share your everyday dishes and tell why you like them.
*
*
*

p.s. only 15 more posts until my 350th post giveaway!!!



5 comments:

Laurie Anne said...

Very fun. I used to have plain white dishes, but I needed a little more "pop". You see your dishes everyday, they should be something that you really love :0)

Sue@CountryPleasures said...

I'm so happy to meet you, I just love your blog and can't believe you passed a award onto me, thank you so much!! We have alot in common, I hope we can keep in touch, I'd love to hear more about your 100 year old home and decorating ideas! Again, thank you and so nice to meet you!

Kindra said...

I love all your dishes. They look so great decorated in your home. My favorite all the bowls in the second picture. I love the design on them. :) Hope you had a great day!

Primgal55 said...

I am so glad you picked up on that post! I think we each get to make our own rules about our own blogs anyway, don't we? Several of my friends have the same pattern in dishes and they are great. You have an awesome collection. Can't wait to see what you do with the cabinets doors. I just took mine off and painted inside to show off my dishes.

Keep those pics coming! hugs, Linda

debra said...

You have a great collection. I have always loves Pfaltzgraff and especially the Yorktown pattern. I used to have a Pfaltzgraff pattern but I can't remember the name - isn't that sad? My husband also appreciates my love of dinnerware and accessories. :)