Saturday, May 17, 2008

~*a magazine box*~

I have so many magazines, and I cannot seem to throw any of them away. Each year I try to go through them all and downsize, only to put one or two in the recycle bin. I needed another magazine rack, but wanted something substantial and of course, something that fit in with my style. I saw this box at the thrift store the other day and saw it's potential. I knew it just needed a good cleaning and some paint. And sure enough here it is all nice and pretty~
It is of course already filled with country homes and cooking magazines. But at least they are not all piled up on my coffee table. Yay! I decided to go with my favorite color- blue- this time and I like it against the rug and burgundy chair. And I can't paint every piece of furniture in this house black! Ha!

3 comments:

Lea of Farmhouse*Blessings said...

What a tranformation a little coat of paint made! I really must start looking at things with "different" eyes when I'm treasure hunting. It is just lovely!

Smiles,
Lea

Primgal55 said...

It looks great even if isn't black! :-) Don't you just love to transform something with just paint?

hugs, Linda

Jenny said...

I love it! Isn't it amazing what a little bit of paint can do? Very nice job.