Thursday, May 15, 2008

~*before and after*~

I am not really sure where this shelf came from. Dan got it for me some time ago, maybe from a yard sale, flea market, someone throwing it away, but it was tucked away in a corner of my closet and while I was cleaning out a box of photo albums yesterday I found it and thought of the perfect use for it. So I dusted it off, painted it and VOILA!


I would like to make a large strawberry pin cushion to hang off the bottom bar when I hang it on the wall when I move the sewing machine to the craft room/spare bedroom when I finish that room up. I love the way it came out. The licorice black paint is perfect, and now I can see all the colors of the threads without having to dig around in the drawer of the machine to find the color I need. A great T2T project!!!

3 comments:

Primgal55 said...

Love the change. Black does wonders doesn't it? I am always painting old wooden things black! Happy Birthday a few days early. hugs, Linda

Mary Isabella said...

I really like this...Happy weekend...Hugs...Mary

Charmingdesigns said...

Thanks for coming by for my giveaway. I love the transformation to the "spool" cabinet. Laurie