Monday, January 14, 2008

Snow day

I woke up this morning to a snow day. It wasn't totally unexpected. Big storm Christopher. However, being on the shore we don't usually get the brunt of the snow here. While we have a light dusting the snow continues still. Of course I have a ton of errands to run today including Dr's appointment, and 2 meetings at the city council chambers tonight! Yesterday I did my obligatory trip to the grocery store for milk, bread and eggs, in case we got 27 inches of snow and I was snowed in! Not that I wouldn't want a day that I was totally stuck in the house with my family. But that day isn't going to be today. I am not sure we will get one of those days this year.
Here is my gazebo in the snow. This gazebo will see a lot more action this year now that I am not at the job from hell! I plan to have many summer dinners there! I hope that we will be able to run the electricity out there this year. You know how that goes with the ever growing "to do" list. I should have the time to put the gardens back in order this Spring as well as get some new flowers started by seeds inside. I love to get a jump on the planting and growing perennials from seed are sooooooo much cheaper! So today while preparing to venture out in the snow I may peruse the seed catalogs and start my spring planting list!

1 comment:

Mary Isabella said...

I love snow. We have not had one yet and I really would like to see a BIG one LOL Smiles.....